JA BizTown SUMMER CAMP 2017
June 12-16 (Full)
June 26-30 (Full – waitlist available)
July 17-21 (Full – waitlist available)
Day Camp: 9am – 3pm
JA BizTown Summer Camp is an indoor, academic camp geared towards kids ages 10-13 that combines classroom-style teaching with hands-on activities. Concepts learned and applied at camp:
- Entrepreneurship: brainstorming ideas and bringing them to life
- Job Preparation: applying for and interviewing for a job
- Business Expenses: what they are and how do businesses cover cost
- Marketing: why and how to communicate your products or services
- Customer Services: why it’s important to business success
- Tradeoffs: what to do when business resources are limited
- Making Money for a Business: how cost and sales affect profit and loss
- Teamwork: working with a group to reach a goal
- Personal Banking: using a checkbook to pay for things you need or want
- Professional Guest Speakers: hear how local entrepreneurs started and how they are succeeding in today’s economy
- AND MUCH MORE!
PAYMENT IS DUE UPON REGISTRATION. Pay by credit card using our online registration system or make checks payable to “Junior Achievement” and mail to 6100 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50312. Early bird camp fee is $185 until 3/31/17. Camp fee increases to $200 on 4/1/17. There are no refunds for illness or missed days due to vacation. If you cancel before 5/12/17, you will receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee. If you cancel your registration after 5/12/17, there is no refund.
LUNCH: Each camper needs a brown-bag lunch Monday-Thursday. Junior Achievement will provide drinks and a snack daily, along with a pizza party on Friday.
APPROPRIATE DRESS: Campers should dress modestly, comfortably and appropriately. This is an academic camp; however, learning involves active games and lessons. Athletic shoes are recommended.
MEDICATION: If your child has medication that must be dispensed during the day camp, please send all medication to camp in a large, zip bag clearly marked with your child’s name. All medication should be in the original container with a signed parental note, which clearly states dispensing directions.